Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Office Bullshit Policy

There is a lot of bullshit going on in my office. I mean what office usually doesn't have its fair amount of bullshit? But it's all in how we internalize this bullshit that will make the difference of how we interact with our coworkers...the external.

One coworker is having a baby and her officemate, who's never had a baby tries to tell me to be nice to the pregnant one about her being late...and I'm looking at her like shut the fuck up because I've had two babies...and I know how she feels...all she has are cats....and until a woman can give birth to a cat...don't tell me shit about child birth.

This same coworker is very anal. She gossips with the supervisor...and she gets all the info about the office...thus leaving the rest of us out of the loop.

A male coworker is just weird. He only speaks to two other people in the office and he doesn't particiapte in any of the office functions.

For the most part, I think the office is okay, but we also have this "we against them" thing going on...because some of the people that have been in this office for quite a while are people who worked their way up through the government....while the new people who are coming in have master degrees and didn't work their way up....our education opened those doors for us automatically. Not my fault....don't be pissed at me...cuz I decided to go to school.....

My officemate and I are cool as shit. To the point, he and I are both looking to switch agencies....we've made a pact to be references for one another. I think that's great. However, we act as daily counselors to these people. They are a special group and need a lot of therapy. But they are trying to get it for free. I just happen to make a lot of sense and for them sense isn't common.

So...what's my policy on office bullshit?

Get a mp3 player. My Creative Micro Zen mp3 player has saved me many a day....I am able to TUNE out most of the shit that is floating around the office. Now I have a plausible excuse as to "I really don't know"....and that's key....I am in my own world and in my own zone when I have my player on. Most of the time, my coworkers will not bother me if they see I have my player on. Music you like is very relaxing and it's is able to transport you to other worlds.....

No comments: