Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Second Line Supervisor Policy

Sometimes one may get a second line supervisor that micromanages to the end of time. Perhaps it's because they can't help it. Perhaps they just don't know any better. Perhaps they don't truly feel they've hired competent people to complete the task. Really who the hell knows....but once you've gotten into a situation where your SECOND line supervisor is MICROMANAGING you....IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO GET THE HELL OUT OF DODGE!

But not only get out of dodge, but get a promotion or some upward mobility with it as well. Somebody's gotta pay for not only your talent, but your stress.

So it's my policy that at anytime I feel STRESSED....PISSED....HYPED....in a job at ANY agency, even if I feel those things all together or separately....it's time for me to leave.

I am not saying that no job has those things....but if I feel them on a consistant basis....that means I am going to have a hard time 1. enjoying coming to work, 2. enjoying the people I work with, and 3. being able to turn an effective performance. Which means....I'M NOT GETTING PAID ENOUGH TO ENDURE ALL THAT CRAP!

As my second line supervisor told me....you must learn to write CREATIVE BULLSHIT. WTH?

Therefore, here is my CBS. Hehe....

Dear Second Line Supervisor....
I don't know if you know this, but you micromanage, son. And it's getting on my nerves. I know my job and I know how to complete all the EXTRA duties you've added to my regular duties....but check this shit out....I am now looking for a promotion to the next grade level at a new agency. Not that you really care because people come and go all the time...but I think sometimes you take a "special" interest" in me regarding my work and you want to see me succeed, but you are stressing me out, I am getting more pissed on the job (of which I usually don't do), and yesterday was the day of all days...I got hyped over your dumb ass two bit corrections to my report.
So I'm out!

Wow I feel so much better...but I'm still out...time for me to move on....so try this one on for size....CREATIVE DIVERSITY in my work career.....

No comments: